Monday, March 17, 2014

change starts with me


As we grow up, we face a large number of difficulties, such as with academic performance and relationships with friends, because no one is perfect. If I were to name what I most want to change about myself, widening my horizons instantly emerges in my mind. Most people take it for granted that standing upon a giant’s shoulder can make us see further than he does, and I think likewise. The following are the methods I am using to change myself.

As is known to virtually everybody, reading a variety of books can not only broaden our views but also cultivate our minds. But what specific actions have I taken to achieve my goal? For one, instead of purchasing books at the bookstore, I go to a library to borrow books, lest I put them on my bookshelf before finishing them. Another thing is I go to museums or attend celebrity lectures on weekends so as to learn knowledge and experience that cannot be found in books. Last but not least, I receive local information as well as international news from the newspaper or magazines every day.

All in all, developing a habit of learning plays a vital role in each and every person’s life, and that is exactly what I want to change about myself. An old proverb goes: “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present.” Only when I spare no effort to gain knowledge to go on, and on and on, can I lead a fulfilling and significant life.

No comments:

Post a Comment